3.16.2015

Minding My Own Business

When we reject our own hearts, we completely give over our own power. ~ Alex Clark
Minding My Own Business

March 16, 2015

By Alex Clark


I am not a biblical scholar by any stretch of the imagination, but I have read the Bible from cover to cover. As a child I was brought up Catholic, and so we focused on the New Testament in most of our religious studies.

I remember being touched by the words that were attributed to Jesus, especially, and I paraphrase, ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ I am pretty sure that was from Matthew. Anyway, it seemed a pretty good way to live life and so I tucked it away in my memory.

From what I have witnessed, few of us have truly loved ourselves, because society creates hooks within us that almost guarantee we reject ourselves from a very young age. Since we reject ourselves and do not treat ourselves with love, how can we possibly love our neighbors?

Society has been cunningly set up in this fashion, so that we would reject ourselves and the unconditional love that is within our heart centers. That unconditional love is the spark of our soul, and so we have been systematically trained to reject it, and thus our very Source essence.

When we reject our own hearts, we completely give over our own power.

Here in lies one of the deepest hooks in society. Create a humanity that has been taught, at every level and age to doubt self, to self-denigrate and self-abuse. How can one, from that vantage point, even understand what love means?

Since very few of us have loved ourselves, and until very recently have found little comfort even in our own hearts, we look to the external to find comfort.

Because we don’t love ourselves, we try to improve ourselves via a myriad of modalities in order to become better and thus, acceptable to God, others, and finally ourselves.

This is where the acceptance hook is planted within us. If someone accepts me, then it confirms I am a good person.

Our power has been given away to others consistently in this fashion. We have also expected others to act in certain ways in order to make us feel good, so the flow goes both ways.

This fractal of acceptance and control exists at the human relationship level, but it is also spun out into the greater reality of society. Our constructed selves group together to create constructed countries, and each vies for attention and control. The root of all this behavior is, in my estimation, a lack of self-love.

As I have evolved on my spiritual path, I really wish Jesus had said something like, mind your own business.

Think about that for a moment. Imagine just how much on this earth plane would be different if we simply minded our own business?

To me, our primary business is our relationship to self. If we all removed our energetic tentacles from outside ourselves and refocused on developing self-love on all levels, we would certainly keep ourselves busy enough.

If we stopped asking others to act certain ways in order to make us comfortable, and realized they all have their own divine right to their own life paths, the relief would be tremendous.

We would also be taking our power back from others and standing in full responsibility for ourselves and how we feel. This is the path to sovereignty.

If others stopped asking us to act certain ways in order to make them happy, we would release a tremendous amount of people-pleasing stress from our lives. It would also give them more time to walk their own divine path.

If our family, friends, neighbors, country mates, and fellow planet dwellers all decided to mind their own business and focus on themselves and their path, imagine the differences in our world! Every single war would end because you can’t have a war if countries are minding their own business.

We have all been the focus of this hook, and we have all hooked into others in this fashion. Even as we realize this tendency and begin to shift out of it, we will notice subtler and subtler levels of this hook coming up.

I have long ago supported the free will choices and paths of those I love. When I hear my family members talking about what so and so should do, I do not engage them, and I hold the space for love to flow in.

Still, when my husband stays up way past his bedtime on a weeknight, it is hard to control the urge to tell him to go to bed! If he resists my prodding to turn in, I feel irritated, because of course I know what’s best for him. Sound familiar?

Many would say this is only an aspect of love, but truly unconditional love, which we are all striving for, means love without conditions. If he wants to stay up late, then he gets to choose that as a divine sovereign free will creator being and I support his free will right and sovereign path.

When we strip it down, this is the basis of unconditional love. Support ourselves and all individuals in their divine sovereign path. No strings attached. No ifs, ands or buts.

Support, without requirements or expectations. It is freeing and very scary at the same time, because it is absolutely different than anything we have experienced prior. This is the basis for existence in the new energies.

If I wish to love unconditionally, then I take full responsibility for how I feel in any moment. Not a single condition can be placed outside of my self because then the love ceases to be unconditional.

The primary relationship with self always comes first, though society might call this selfish. This couldn’t be further from the truth. We are all here to develop a deep and unconditionally loving relationship with self, which will open the door to fully embracing all that we are, and reconnecting with All That Is.

So, I will be minding my own business from now on. I hope you will all join me in doing so, but it isn’t a requirement. You get to choose, and I fully support you in that!

No comments: