2.18.2015

Addictions and Choices

This Spiral Journey

February 17, 2015

By Sophia Love


While attempting to write this entry for today, the second day of our Love Quest, there’s been a whirlwind of life swirling in to delay, well, everything. Please forgive the lateness of this post.

So what is an addiction? It is anything from your physical life that seems to have the upper hand. It is a physical process, being addicted. Those parts of us that are expressed non-physically have no addictions. It could even be said that without them (addictions), this 3D world as we know it to be, would cease to exist.

The movie “What the Bleep do we know?” illustrates this well, here. Perhaps addictions could be re-labelled “internally wired expectations that initiate repetitive action”. They are different for everyone.

You will see what you expect to see and respond accordingly; every bit of it as a function of your point of view.

An addiction to life and a bedroom floor to step on in the morning serves me. An addiction to sadness or fear – not so much. Both are “natural” in that the recognition of them is routine. I expect to wake up each morning after sleeping all night. This feels normal. If I expect to be broke if I lose my job – that feels normal too. Lots of people would expect the same. Yet it does not serve me. It is merely my choice. I will see what I believe is there, what I think is possible, what I expect. Everytime. This “broke” expectation is merely a decision. I can choose again.

The addiction scenario is our human journey. With awareness of Quantum Physics and our non-physical selves, we realize there is more control than we’ve been taught. Habits of emotion are not written in stone, they are “internally wired expectations that initiate repetitive action”.

You can be addicted to happiness, and no matter what your boss, your mother, or your lover says – the addiction will take over. You can be addicted to worry, and regardless of your income, health or current love life – you will fret.

We don’t know each other, you and I. Not so that I’d recognize you on the street. Yet I’m willing to bet that along with your addiction to living, you harbor habits that don’t serve you.

The key to recognizing them is in how you feel. A familiar set of emotional angst is a sure sign that an addiction has kicked in.

Just notice. This is part of you. It is not to be rejected. Eventually, it’s to be absorbed into a you with another set of habits. For now, just define it. Decide what you’d rather be addicted to.

How about happiness? Laughter? Joy? Expansion? Compassion? Hope? Fulfillment? Love? Abundance? Enthusiasm? Self-love – how about that?

On this spiral journey, the same information is understood on another level. We’ve talked about forgiving ourselves before. This time, consider that the thought grows beyond saying “I’m okay” into “I see all of me and I love me – yet this thought inhibits my power so I’ll have to find another one, and I will.”

Just rest there; accepting every nuance of what makes you – you. There is no one who can do so but you. Every thought, habit and action has helped create your current perfection. That perfect one is you.

You’ve come here to demonstrate creation. A key ingredient is agape. Love yourself without reservation; enjoy your exuberance! A god is without doubt, guilt or hesitation. You are a human extension of source energy, a god being human.

You are the god you’ve been waiting for.

I’ll see you tomorrow!

Namaste’

~Sophia

I love what Sophia says, above, about addictions.

I've always disliked the word "addiction" because it holds an energy - has a connotation of - powerlessness, of victimization. But our repetitive behaviors, whether labeled as addictions or not, don't have to rule us.

Instead we can realize that we have come to behave in addictive ways in response to stimulus that we have in the past perceived as hopeless. Some thing, or some number of things, happened that caused us to choose the addictive behavior, and we chose those responses often enough and/or powerfully enough that they became automatic. Truly the body only responds to its programming, whether our personal programming, the programming of society, or the actual baseline programming included in human being.

Once we realize our addiction - or said differently, our habitual response - we can choose differently. As Sophia says, we can decide whether the response empowers or serves us, or whether it doesn't. And if it doesn't we can choose differently.

A change in behavior can happen in an instant, or it can take much longer. But in all cases the way is paved through noticing it, feeling what we're feeling without judgement, and choosing differently.

No comments: